San Francisco Math Teachers’ Circle
Welcome to the San Francisco Math Teachers’ Circle! Founded in 2016, we are a professional community of teachers and mathematicians who love solving fun, challenging math problems. The SFMTC offers monthly Saturday meetings for math teachers interested in exploring accessible, exciting topics in mathematics. All teachers are welcome to attend. Meetings include lunch, which is complimentary.
- Sat Dec 10, 9:30 AM – 12 PM
- Paul Zeitz (USF, Proof School) and Avery Pickford (Nueva School), “This Game is Rigged!”
- Sat Jan 28, 9:30 AM – 12 PM
- Sam Vandervelde (Proof School), “Grabbing Gridlines“
- Sat Mar 4, 9:30 AM – 12 PM
- Sat Apr 29, 9:30 AM – 12 PM
- Bruce Cohen (Lowell High School): “Thinking Outside (and Inside) the Box – SET, Geometry, and Algebra“
- Sat May 20, 9:30 AM – 12 PM
- Cornelia Van Cott (USF): “Crows, Taxicabs, and Flying Carpets“
July 10-14, 2017: Immersion Workshop
The San Francisco MTC, in collaboration with the Bay Area MTC Network, offers a free residential summer workshop for math teachers in the San Francisco Bay Area. Spend a week immersed in mathematics, gain hands-on experience with problem solving practices, and make connections with local teachers and mathematicians!
Proof School, 555 Post St, San Francisco, CA 94102. It is a short walk from Powell Street BART and has fairly inexpensive parking.
Paul Zeitz, zeitzp (at) usfca . edu
Bruce Cohen, Lowell High School
Henri Picciotto, MathEdPage.org
Avery Pickford, Nueva School
Katherine Bellafiore Sanden, Gateway High School
Cornelia Van Cott, University of San Francisco
Paul Zeitz, University of San Francisco