- Consulting calls with MTC staff as you work through the Beginning Your Circle Toolkit
- An in-person visit to a nearby Sister Circle
- $1,000 to 3,000 in start-up funding to support a three-day immersion workshop, plus sponsoring a Circle Mentor from another MTC who will participate and lead some sessions
- $2,000 in seed grant funding to support your first year of meetings
- A care package with essential supplies to get you started
Applications are reviewed quarterly and are due March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31. Please apply by March 31 if you plan to begin your Math Teachers’ Circle with a summer workshop, to allow adequate lead time.
To apply for a seed grant, you will need:
- A leadership team of two K-12 teachers and two college or university mathematics faculty members (see FAQ: Leadership teams);
- A host institution committed to supporting your Math Teachers’ Circle (see FAQ: Host institutions);
- A letter of commitment from your host institution (see sample letter of commitment in the “Quick Links” box).
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form in the “Quick Links” box, and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application review and timing
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the year. We strive to respond to all applications within two weeks of receipt.
We suggest allowing 3 to 6 months of lead time to start up your Math Teachers’ Circle. For example, if you plan to begin your Math Teachers’ Circle during the summer, we suggest applying no later than the end of March, to allow adequate time for the planning and recruitment process.