MTC Small Grants Rewarded
Like the MTCircular? Subscribe to our free semi-annual magazine.
The MTC Network is proud to announce that our longstanding seed grant program for new Math Teachers’ Circles was redesigned this year to focus on enhancing the diversity of the teacher and student populations served by MTCs nationally. Sponsored by Math for America, the American Institute of Mathematics, and other donors, our Small Grants Program consists of awards that support:
- New MTCs or statewide/regional networks focused on serving teacher and/or student populations traditionally underrepresented in mathematics
- Targeted efforts by existing MTCs or statewide/regional networks to enhance the diversity of the populations they serve
Congratulations to the following groups who have so far received funding through the competitive application process.
- Tennessee Eastern and Appalachian MTC
- Rio Grande Valley MTC (TX)
- Middlebury MTC (VT)
Existing MTCs and Networks:
- California State University Dominguez Hills MTC (CA)
- Los Angeles MTC San Benito County Math Talks (CA)
- University of California, Santa Cruz MTC
- Fairfield County MTC (CT)
- Northwest Iowa MTC Triangle MTC (NC)
- North Carolina Network of MTCs
This article originally appeared in the Autumn 2019 MTCircular.