Our Small Grants program provides grants ranging from $250 to $3,000 to support:
- New MTCs or statewide/regional networks focused on serving teacher and/or student populations traditionally underrepresented in mathematics
- Targeted efforts by existing MTCs or statewide/regional networks to enhance the diversity of the populations they serve
Supported activities include:
- Multi-day intensive workshops (“Immersion Workshops”)
- Regional network leaders’ meetings
- Mentoring visits by experienced MTC leaders (“Circle Mentors”)
- Leadership team visits to nearby MTCs (“Sister Circles”)
- Other targeted activities intended to broaden participation and access
To apply for a Small Grant, a Math Teachers’ Circle or regional network must have:
- A leadership team of two K-12 mathematics teachers or teacher leaders, and two higher-education mathematics professionals (see FAQ: Leadership teams);
- A host institution committed to supporting your Circle or network (see FAQ: Host institutions);
- (New MTCs/networks only:) A letter of commitment from your host institution (see sample letter of commitment in the “Quick Links” box).
To apply, please download and complete the application form in the “Quick Links” box, and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The priority application deadline is April 15, 2019; however, later applications will be considered if funds remain available. Applications are reviewed within 2-4 weeks of receipt.